Last Updated on March 20, 2021
- Information We Collect
When you use the 2GO Platform, we collect the information you provide, usage information, and information about your device. We also collect information about you from other sources like third-party services, and optional programs in which you participate, which we may combine with other information we have about you. Here are the types of information we collect about you:
A. Information You Provide to Us
Account Registration: When you create an account with 2GO, we collect the information you provide us, such as your name, email address, phone number, birth date, and payment information. You may choose to share additional info with us for your Rider profile, like your photo or saved addresses (e.g., home or work), and set up other preferences (such as your preferred pronouns).
Driver Information: If you apply to be a Driver, we will collect the information you provide in your application, including your name, email address, phone number, birth date, profile photo, physical address, government identification number, driver’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information. We collect the payment information you provide us, including your bank routing numbers, and tax information. Depending on where you want to drive, we may also ask for additional business licenses or permit information or other information to manage driving and programs relevant to that location. We may need additional information from you at some point after you become a Driver, including information to confirm your identity (like a photo).
Ratings and Feedback: When you rate and provide feedback about Riders or Drivers, we collect all of the information you provide in your feedback.
Communications: When you contact us or we contact you, we collect any information that you provide, including the contents of the messages or attachments you send us.
B. Information We Collect When You Use the 2GO Platform
Location Information: Great rides and excellent deliveries start with an easy and accurate pickup. The 2GO Platform collects location information (including GPS and WiFi data) differently depending on your 2GO app settings and device permissions as well as whether you are using the platform as a Customer, Merchant or Driver:
- Customers: We collect your device’s precise location when you open and use the 2GO app, including while the app is running in the background from the time you request a ride or food delivery order until it ends. 2GO also tracks the precise location of scooters and e-bikes at all times.
- Drivers: We collect your device’s precise location when you open and use the 2GO Rider App, including while the app is running in the background when it is in driver mode. We also collect precise location for a limited time after you exit driver mode in order to detect ride incidents, and continue collecting it until a reported or detected incident is no longer active.
- Merchants: We collect your device’s precise location when you open and use the 2GO Merchant App, including while the app is running in the background when it is in online mode. We collect the location information in order to determine the distance between the customer, merchant and driver location in order to provide an estimated delivery time, assign nearby delivery drivers and provide an accurate route. We also collect precise location for a limited time after you exit online mode in order to detect delivery incidents, and continue collecting it until a reported or detected incident is no longer active.
Usage Information: We collect information about your use of the 2GO Platform, including ride information like the date, time, destination, distance, route, payment, and whether you used a promotional or referral code. We also collect information about your interactions with the 2GO Platform like our apps and websites, including the pages and content you view and the dates and times of your use.
Device Information: We collect information about the devices you use to access the 2GO Platform, including device model, IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, identity of carrier and manufacturer, radio type (such as 4G), preferences and settings (such as preferred language), application installations, device identifiers, advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens. If you are a Driver, we also collect mobile sensor data from your device (such as speed, direction, height, acceleration, deceleration, and other technical data).
Communications between Customers, Merchants and Drivers: We provide the Customers, Merchants and Drivers each others contact number for communication purpose over the phone call or text message. We collect information about these communications, including the participants’ phone numbers, the date and time, and the contents of SMS messages. For security purposes, we may also monitor or record the contents of phone calls made through the 2GO Platform, but we will always let you know we are about to do so before the call begins.
Address Book Contacts: You may set your device permissions to grant 2GO access to your contact lists and direct 2GO to access your contact list, for example to help you refer friends to 2GO. If you do this, we will access and store the names and contact information of the people in your address book.
Cookies, Analytics, and Third-Party Technologies: We collect information through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, data analytics tools like Google Analytics, SDKs, and other third-party technologies to understand how you navigate through the 2GO Platform and interact with 2GO advertisements, to make your 2GO experience safer, to learn what content is popular, to improve your site experience, to serve you better ads on other sites, and to save your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the 2GO Platform. You should consult your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may miss out on certain features of the 2GO Platform.
- How We Collect Information
We collect information from you when you register on our site, use our apps, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, contact Support, enter information on our site or provide us with feedback on our products or services.
- How We Use Your Information
2GO uses the data it collects for purposes including:
1- Providing services and features. 2GO uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services.
This includes using the data to:
- Create and update users’ accounts.
- Verify drivers’ and delivery persons’ identity, background history, and eligibility to work.
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services.
- Offer, process, or facilitate payments for our services.
- Offer, obtain, provide, or facilitate insurance, vehicle, invoicing, or financing solutions in connection with our services.
- Track and share the progress of rides or deliveries.
- Enable features that allow users to share information with other people, such as when customer or merchant submit a compliment about a driver, when delivery recipients provide feedback for a restaurant or delivery person, refer a friend to 2GO, split fares, or share ETA and location with their contacts.
- Enable features to personalize users’ 2GO accounts, such as creating bookmarks for favorite places, and to enable quick access to previous destinations. We may, for example, present a 2GO food delivery user with personalized restaurant or food recommendations based on their prior orders.
- Enable Accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use our services, such as those that enable deaf or hard-of-hearing drivers to alert their riders of their disabilities, allow only text messages from riders, and enable receipt of flashing trip request notifications instead of sound notifications on their mobile device.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
2- Safety and security. We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
- Screening customers, drivers, merchants and delivery persons before enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks, where permitted by law, to help prevent use of our services by unsafe drivers and/or riders.
- Using data from drivers’ or delivery persons’ devices to help identify unsafe driving behavior such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to inform them of safer driving practices. We also use data from delivery persons’ devices to verify the type of vehicles they used to provide deliveries.
- In certain regions, using information derived from driver’s license photos, and other photos submitted to 2GO, for safety and security purposes. This includes 2GO’s ID Check feature, which prompts drivers and delivery persons to share a selfie before going online to help ensure that the driver or delivery persons using the app matches the 2GO account we have on file. This also includes comparing photographs that we have on file against photographs (i) of other users to prevent identity-borrowing, and (ii) from public databases to verify user identity.
- Using device, location, profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities.
- Using user ratings and feedback to encourage compliance with our Community Guidelines and as grounds for deactivating drivers and delivery persons with low ratings or who otherwise violated such guidelines in certain countries.
3- Customer support. 2GO uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls with notice to and the consent of the user) to provide customer support, including to:
- Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address user concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes
4- Research and development. We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our services for illegal or improper purposes, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
5- Enabling communications between users. For example, a driver may message or call a customer or merchant to confirm a order information, a customer may contact a driver to retrieve a lost item, or a restaurant or delivery persons may call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
6- Marketing. 2GO may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about 2GO services, features, promotions, sweepstakes, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events.
We may also send communications to our users about products and services offered by 2GO partners. For example, if a user has placed an 2GO Food Delivery order, we may provide recommendations, promotions, or ads about similar food offered by other 2GO partners. Although we may send users communications about 2GO partners’ products and services, we do not sell users’ personal data to, or share it with, such partners or others for purposes of their own direct marketing or advertising, except with users’ consent.
We may use the data we collect to personalize the marketing communications (including advertisements) that we send, including based on user location, past use of 2GO’s services, and user preferences and settings.
We may also send users communications regarding elections, ballots, referenda, and other political and notice processes that relate to our services. For example, 2GO has notified some users by email of ballot measures or pending legislation relating to the availability of 2GO’s services in those users’ areas.
7- Non-marketing communications. 2GO may use the data we collect to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of 2GO or its partners.
8- Legal proceedings and requirements. We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of 2GO’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
9- Automated decision-making
We use personal data to make automated decisions relating to use of our services. This includes:
- Enabling dynamic pricing, in which the price of a ride, or the delivery fee for food delivery orders, is determined based on constantly varying factors such as the estimated time and distance, the predicted route, estimated traffic, and the number of riders and drivers using 2GO at a given moment.
- Matching available drivers and delivery persons to users requesting services. Users can be matched based on availability, proximity, and other factors.
- Determining driver and delivery person ratings, and deactivating drivers, customers, and delivery persons with low ratings.
- Deactivating users who are identified as having engaged in fraud or activities that may otherwise harm 2GO, its users, and others. In some cases, such as when a user is determined to be abusing 2GO’s referral program, such behavior may result in automatic deactivation.
- Using location information, and communications between customers, merchants and drivers, to identify cancellation fees earned or induced through fraud. For example, if we determine by using such information that a driver is delaying a delivery pickup in order to induce a cancellation, we will not charge the customer a cancellation fee and will adjust the amounts paid to the driver to omit such a fee. To object to such adjustment, please contact 2GO customer support.
To object to a deactivation resulting from these processes, please contact 2GO customer support.
- How We Protect Your Information
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We also use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a Payment Gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since the browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
- Third-party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Third-party links
Generally, at our discretion, we include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s Analytics requirements can be summed up by Google’s Analytics Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
We use Google Analytics on our website.
- Your Choices
Users can visit our site anonymously. To access certain information, purchase any item or input any data you need to create a 2GO account.
- How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
- Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
Yes, we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
- Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in Bangladesh and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days.
We will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days.
We also agree to the fact that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
- CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address and phone number in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com.
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email, and we will promptly remove you from all.
Data Security. We are committed to protecting the data of the 2GO community. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data.
Children’s Privacy. 2GO is not directed to children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us at our Help Center.
- Contacting Us